Canon 11-24mm f4 L USM
The ultra-wide zoom lens Canon 11-24mm f4 L USM, it is an extreme optic in terms of its degree of maximum angle aperture, ideal for landscape and architectural photography, it will open perspectives hitherto not seen
A truly versatile wide-angle zoom that offers an advanced optical design and constant f/4 maximum aperture, the f11-24mm Canon EF/4L USM is a member of the esteemed L-series of lenses designed for full-frame EOS DSLRs. One Super UD element and one UD element offer a significant reduction in chromatic aberrations, while four aspherical elements help minimize distortions throughout the zoom range and provide consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and lighting. Both SWC and ASC coatings have been applied to the elements in order to reduce lens glare and ghosting to increase contrast and color accuracy. Ideal for landscape and architectural photography, this lens covers ultra-wide wide-angle perspectives and supports its versatile zoom range with sophisticated optics and intuitive operation. As far as focusing performance is concerned, an ultrasonic motor ring type offers fast, smooth and near-silent autofocus, which further benefited from full-time manual focus operation and an internal focus design. The lens is both water and dust resistant coatings, and fluorine has also been applied to the front and rear elements to protect against fingerprints and smudges affecting image quality.
- Wide-angle zoom 11-24mm f/4 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLRs as well as APS-C sized sensors where a 17.6-38.4mm equivalent focal length will be provided.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture delivers consistent performance and light transmission throughout the zoom range.
- A Super UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) and one UD element helps to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations to improve color clarity and accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements help minimize distortion throughout the zoom range to maintain sharpness and illumination from edge to edge.
- Both a coating sublength (SWC) and an air coating sphere (ASC) have been applied to lens elements to reduce backlight burning and ghosting for sustained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- An ultrasonic motor ring (USM) type, along with an internal focusing system, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms, are employed to deliver fast, accurate, and quiet, near-autofocus performance.
- Continuous manual focus operation is available for fine adjustment of the focus position when working in AF mode.
- A weatherproof design protects the lens from dust and moisture to allow it to be used in harsh conditions. In addition, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for added protection against fingerprints and smudges.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasant quality of focus that benefits the use of depth of field and selective focusing techniques.
- Lens design' accepts rear insert-type gelatin filters, which are cut to size and inserted behind the rear lens element.