Canon 400mm f2.8 IS L USM III
Canon 400mm f2.8 lens
The tele lens Canon 400mm f2.8 IS L USM III is the new version of one of the most important superteles on the market. Its luminosity f2.8 makes it an ideal tool for ornithology and photography at great distances. its advanced five-stop Image Stabilizer system, which has three stabilization modes separated according to the needs of the photographer and the internal construction ensures excellent sharpness and saturation.
With this purchase you will receive Kenko Zeta Filter GIFT
More info. Canon 400mm f2.8
Canon 400mm f2.8 lens
Combining a preferred super telephoto focal length with a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture, EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM is a Canon L-series lens suitable for outdoor, wildlife and sports applications. This version III of this beloved lens features a lighter weight design along with a sophisticated optical design and updated handling capabilities. The fast maximum aperture allows extensive control of depth of field to isolate subjects with selective focus, and also benefits work in difficult lighting conditions. Both Super UD and Fluorite elements are used in optical design to help reduce color margins and chromatic aberrations for greater color clarity and accuracy. Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings were applied to individual elements to suppress reflections and ghosts to increase contrast and color neutrality when working in backlit conditions.
Beyond the optical attributes, this 400mm f/2.8 is also characterized by its advanced five-stop Image Stabilizer system, which has three separate stabilization modes to suit various shooting applications. Also complemented by the operation is a sophisticated ring-type USM, which provides automatic, quiet and precise focusing along with full-time manual focus override. A customizable electronic focus ring further contributes to precise manual focus control, offering three levels of focus sensitivity for different applications. In addition, this lens is weather-sealed for use in harsh environmental conditions and has a removable rotating tripod collar to benefit work on a tripod or monopod.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for EF full-mount Canon DSLRs, but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an equivalent focal length of 640mm.
- The maximum fast f/2.8 aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also allows significant control over depth of field for working with selective focusing techniques.
- Super UD and Fluorite elements are used to greatly reduce color stripes and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater color clarity and accuracy.
- Super Spectra and Air Sphere coatings have been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for higher contrast and color fidelity when working in bright lighting conditions.
- An optical image stabilizer helps minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five stops of shutter speed to enable better work in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Three different IS modes are available: standard single shooting mode, optimized pan mode, and mode that only activates the image stabilizer during exposure.
- An ultrasonic ring motor (USM) is employed, along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, to deliver fast, accurate and quiet autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override.
- The customizable electronic focus ring provides three levels of sensitivity for how quickly and accurately the lens focuses manually.
- The focus preset function is available to quickly retrieve a programmed focus position.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasant out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focusing techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture to work in inclement environmental conditions and also features a fluorine coating on the front and rear elements to protect against water stains, stains or oil residue.
- A removable rotating tripod collar is included that benefits working with the lens on top of a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.