Fuji GF 35-70mm f4.5-5.6 WR
GF 35-70mm f4.5-5.6 lens
The GF 35-70mm f4.5-5.6 WR lens thanks to its equivalent distance to 28-55mm than with its high resolution and the exceptional performance of its high-speed autofocus. Its 11-element optical construction, including one spherical and two ED elements, ensures fantastic sharpness throughout the zoom range.
With this purchase you will receive Kenko Zeta Filter GIFT
GF 35-70mm f4.5-5.6 lens
The GF35-70MM is a compact and lightweight zoom lens, weighing approximately only 390g, with excellent image resolution performance and a focal length range covering from the most frequently used 35mm in wide-angle to the standard 70mm (equivalent to 28mm - 55mm in 35mm film format). The highly portable form factor will expand the scope of applications for GFX camera systems, equipped with a large format sensor*1.
The GF35-70MM is a compact and lightweight large format zoom lens that weighs just 390g and has the filter thread size of 62mm despite covering versatile focal lengths at high resolution and delivering high-speed AF performance. It should not be lowered even when used as a Walkaround lens for snapshots, allowing casual handheld shooting. The retractable barrel structure reduces the length to approximately 73.9mm when fully collapsed for added portability, making it a perfect lens to carry when traveling. * 2 Compact and lightweight focusing elements are driven by a stepped motor for quiet, fast and highly accurate. AF performance, achieving focus on a subject seamlessly to take advantage of photo opportunities. The lens offers the minimum working distance of 35 cm across its zoom range, allowing a close-up shot of a subject approximately 25 cm from the front element of the lens. This gives the lens the ability to cater to a variety of situations at a preferred angle of view, from table photography to snapshots, portraiture and landscape photography.
The lens has a dust-resistant and moisture-resistant construction and can operate at temperatures as low as -10, tough enough for this versatility so that users can click in all conditions, unaffected by rain. The GF35-70MM is a new concept portable zoom for the GFX series, combining excellent versatility with mobility and portability.
2. Product characteristics
(1) Advanced versatility covering all focal lengths needed to capture everyday scenes.
• The GF35-70MM covers versatile focal lengths from 35mm at wide angle to standard 70mm (equivalent to 28mm -55mm in 35mm film format) to cater for a wide range of situations including landscape, portraiture and street photography.
It has the second shortest minimum working distance of 35 cm between interchangeable lenses for the GFX series, allowing for close-up shooting of a subject approximately 25 cm from the front lens element. This means it has a wide shooting range from dynamic wide-angle marking of capturing the main subject in the foreground against a wide spread of the background, to the standard framing style with a more natural perspective.
• The GF35-70MM consists of 11 elements, including one aspherical element and two ED elements, in nine groups. Its advanced image resolution capability with well-controlled spherical and chromatic aberrations provides an accurate description of each scene, even when shooting on the wide-angle side, where the amount of information is greatest.
(2) The most compact and lightest body among GF zoom lenses offering high-speed AF and advanced mobility.
• The GF35-70MM is optically designed to balance image quality with portability to achieve an exceptionally compact and lightweight construction, weighing approximately 390g and measuring 73.9mm (when retracted) • 96.4mm (wide end) • 95.7mm (Tele Fin) with the filter wire size of 62mm, an astonishing achievement for a standard zoom designed for large format sensor cameras. Even when mounted on the Fujifilm GFX100S or FUJIFILM GFX50S II, the combined weight is only about 1,300g. The light charge even when in the chamber promises comfort.
• Compact and lightweight focusing elements are driven by a stepper motor for fast and accurate AF performance, achieving focus on a subject instantly to capture a decisive moment. The low operating noise during focusing makes it suitable not only for fixed purposes, but also for video recording.
• The lens also supports the face AF/eye detection modes of the cameras. Fast and highly accurate AF is achieved in as fast as 0.13 seconds silently to instantly focus on the face/instant eyes on the face/eyes of the main subject. *3 This is particularly effective in portraiture involving subject movements, capturing a momentary change in facial expressions.
• The lens barrel is weather-sealed in 9 locations to make it dust and moisture resistant and can be used in temperatures as low as -10. The lens withstands rain even when mounted on the camera for hand-shooting, taking advantage of shutter opportunities in the toughest conditions.
(3) Supporting Information
This lens uses a manual retractable barrel structure. Before shooting, manually rotate the zoom ring to extend the barrel to the 35mm wide-angle position, which is the default position of the barrel