Fuji 56mm f1.2 R APD
Fuji 56mm f1.2 R APD
The lensFUJI 56mm f1.2 R APD,is a new variant of the existing lens already, provides an exclusive apodizacion filter which allows you to soften the contours more when you shoot at full apertures of up to 1.2 achieving a spectacular bokeh effect.
FUJI 56mm f1.2 R APD
FUJINON XF 56mm F1.2 R APD is an autofocus lens for digital cameras with APS-C size sensors and provides a focal length equivalent to 85mm*1. The lens has a maximum aperture of F1.2, making it the world's brightest autofocus lens for digital cameras with an APS-C sensor. In addition, the new apodization filter makes it the perfect choice for portrait shooting, with every strand of hair clearly visible in a unique bokeh effect.
This lens is highly portable. When attached to an X-series camera body, it weighs about half*2 as much as an SLR camera with a single lens of the same focal length and F-value, and is also fast to use thanks to the quiet, high-speed autofocus.
It produces not only beautiful bokeh, but also maintains sharpness with accurate focusing even with a shallow depth of field. This is a major advantage of mirrorless over SLR, thanks to focusing on the image sensor itself rather than on the separate PD sensor. The shutter on the X series bodies is equally quiet, so it's easy to capture more natural images of all kinds of subjects.
All info at : Club Fotografinauta
The apodization filter offers more creative portraits
- XF 56 mm F1.2 R APD delivers bright levels of sharpness even when shooting with the aperture at F1.2. In addition, the apodization filter softens the contours of bokeh. XF 56 mm F1.2 R APD offers bright levels of sharpness even when shooting with the aperture at F1.2. In addition, the apodization filter softens the contours of the bokeh. This combination of image sharpness with the beautiful bokeh effect delivers portraits with a three-dimensional look.
- An optical construction of 11 glass elements in eight groups has been used, including one molded glass aspherical lens element and two extra-low dispersion lens elements. Spherical aberrations are corrected by the aspherical glass element to provide high resolution at the maximum aperture setting. In addition, thanks to the combination of two extra-low dispersion lens elements and three reinforced lens elements, chromatic aberrations are greatly reduced.
- The application of Fujifilm's unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to all lens surfaces controls ghosting and flare to deliver crisp, clear results.
- The lens also takes full advantage of Fujifilm's unique X-TransTM CMOS low-pass filter-free sensor for very high image quality. Ghosting and flare are controlled even in complex conditions such as backlighting.
- By combining this lens with an X-series *5 camera body with Lens Modulation Optimizer *4 (LMO) technology, lens performance has been further improved. LMO corrects diffraction*6 to produce images with incredible sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect even at small apertures.
Autofocusing for a lens with an apodization filter
- In the past, the apodization filter was only used with a manual focus lens, and this is the first to use high-precision contrast AF.
- Combined with an X-series camera body, more natural images of subjects can be obtained thanks to the near-silent shutter sound.
Film effects with the Film Simulation function
- X-series interchangeable lens cameras are equipped with Film Simulation modes, which have been developed using Fujifilm's knowledge accumulated over 80 years of industry presence to deliver colors and tones resembling those of photographic film. By combining this lens with the Pro Neg. film simulation mode, which is specifically designed for portrait photography, beautiful skin tones are reproduced. By combining this lens with the Pro Neg. film simulation mode, which is designed specifically for portrait photography, beautiful skin tones are reproduced.
High-quality construction and convenient operation
- The apodization filter delivers its best results at the widest apertures. To enable wide apertures to be used even in bright environments, an ND filter that adjusts brightness in three levels is included. To indicate the apodization effect, the lens features an aperture ring that indicates the effective F-number in red. The difference between the F-number and the effective F-number indicates the effectiveness of the apodization filter.
- The aperture and focus rings are made of metal, and metal is also used on the outside of the lens body to provide a high-quality finish. The texture and torque of the rings make shooting more comfortable even in delicate manual focusing.
FUJINON XF 56mm F1.2 R APD
11 elements in 8 groups
(includes one aspherical lens, two extra-low dispersion lenses, apodization filter）
Focal length (35 mm format equivalent)
f=56 mm (85 mm)
Angle of view
Number of blades
7 （rounded diaphragm aperture）
1/3EV (23 steps)
*1/2EV from max. aperture to next step, only
Macro：0.7 m～3 m
External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
（distance from the edge of the camera lens mount）
φ 73.2 mm x 69.7 mm
Weight (approx.) (without caps and hoods)
φ 62 mm