- On sale!
Canon RF 800mm f5.6 L IS USM
Canon RF 800mm f5.6 lens
The Canon RF 800mm f5.6 lens weighs just 1140 grams and is capable of being combined with Canon RF extenders. Which translates into up to 1600mm stabilized at 4.5 stops. Best of all, this lens has been designed to be able to get a great game in both photo and video, since it includes the option to increase the pitch of the diaphragm by 1 octam. In turn, its new optical construction not only ensures great sharpness and chromatic accuracy, it also allows a minimum focusing distance of 2.6 meters.
Canon RF 800mm f5.6 lens
- Powerful reach, unprecedented portability
Relatively sleek despite its super-telephoto reach, the Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS USM is an impressive top-of-the-line main mesh performance with an updated compact and lightweight design. Ideal for sports, wildlife and journalism applications, this long lens offers a clearly adjusted field of view to isolate distant subjects, along with sensitive AF and image stabilization, reliable weathering and intuitive operation for reliable use in fast-paced situations.
- L-Series Optics
- With an optical design based on previous EF and RF super-telephoto lenses, this lens features high-end optics designed for the most demanding shooting applications.
- Ultra-low (UD) fluorite and super dispersion elements virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations for exceptional clarity and color accuracy, without chromatic aberrations or fringes.
- The advanced optical design also contributes to the sleeker, more portable form factor of this RF-mount mirrorless lens.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and color accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in bright lighting conditions.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- USM image stabilization and autofocus
- The ultrasonic motor delivers fast, accurate and near-silent autofocus performance to benefit both photography and video applications.
- Impressively close minimum focusing distance of 8.5' and a maximum magnification of 0.34x, ideal for working with close subjects such as wildlife, birds and athletes at close range.
- Variable speed manual focus offers three options for greater focus control and full-time manual focus support allows focus adjustments to be made without switching modes.
- Two focus presets can be stored for immediate recall at a specific focusing distance.
- The focus range limiter improves responsiveness by restricting the usable focus range.
- Optical Image Stabilization, which benefits manual and monopod shooting, compensates for 4.5 stops of camera shake for sharper images. Due to the long focal length, in-body image stabilisation or coordinated IS of EOS R series bodies are not supported on this lens.
- Intuitive operation and professional reliability
- Relatively lightweight and compact, this 800mm f/5.6 lens weighs 6.9 lbs and measures 17" long, making it realistic for use atop a monopod or even handheld for short periods of time.
- The built-in rotating tripod mount adapts to working with the lens on top of a monopod or tripod and allows you to quickly switch between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in harsh conditions.
- The fluorine coating on the front and rear elements helps repel moisture, dust and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Distinctive heat-resistant white paint finish.
- Accepts 52mm drop-in style filters towards the back of the lens.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters to further extend the effective range of this lens.