Canon RF 100-300mm f2.8 L IS USM
Canon RF 100-300mm lens
The seal of quality "L" accompanies this Canon RF 100-300mm lens, if we take into account that its aperture is f2.8 in a compact and lightweight construction. We can only highlight the versatility it offers in nature, sport and action. Of course its stabilizer minimizes up to 5.5 stops and with a USM Nano Doble motor you ensure that fast, precise and ultra-quiet focus you are looking for.
Canon RF 100-300mm lens
Features of the Canon RF 100-300mm Lens
- Telephoto zoom lens that builds on the legacy of the popular EF 300mm f/2.8 lens.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range for great control over depth of field, bokeh and low-light shots with fast and reliable autofocus.
- Excellent image quality: Highlights include a florite lens and 4 UD (ultra low dispersion) glass elements, fluorine coating, and SSC Canon (Super Spectra coating) to minimize ghosting and flare.
- The built-in function/focus preset selector switch allows you to program a focus preset recall on the buttons on the front of the lens.
- Optical image stabilization: up to 5.5 stops* of motion correction. Coordinated IS up to 6.0 stops when paired with EOS R series cameras with integrated image stabilizer (IBIS).
- 2 Nano USM achieve exceptional image quality throughout the focus range, from infinity to foreground, thanks to 2 focus groups that are activated independently.
- Dedicated programmable control ring, with click stop operation.
- Impressively light at just 5.8 pounds, making it the lightest f/2.8 zoom lens on the market with a 300mm focal length.**
- Circular opening (9 sheets) for beautiful and soft backgrounds.
The Canon RF 100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM Canon lens brings zoom capabilities to the proven 300mm f/2.8 concept. This lens is aimed directly at professional and very high-end users of videos and still images who want a beautiful background bokeh that makes images "jump", such as plays, spontaneous events at a distance, indoor sports such as swimming, gymnastics and basketball. .
- High-performance f/2.8 constant maximum aperture
It's no easy task, but this lens offers an incredible f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range, giving you all the benefits it packs in, from great low-light performance to incredible bokeh and fast shutter speeds.
- Excellent image quality: lenses and coatings
The RF100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM Canon offers excellent optical quality, from edge to edge. Its optical design includes a fluorite lens, 4 UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass elements, fluorine coating and SSC Canon (Super Spectra coating) to minimize ghosting and flare.
- Optical image stabilization: up to 5.5 stops* of vibration correction
For consistently sharp results, the RF100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM features integrated Optical Image Stabilization, which provides improved vibration reduction of up to 5.5 stops* of vibration correction. When paired with an EOS R series camera that has in-body image stabilization (IBIS), coordinated IS allows up to 6 correction stops. This means more reliable portable performance and clearer details in low-light situations, without having to increase the ISO or decrease the shutter speed.
- Dual USM focusing system
The Canon RF 100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM Canon lens offers incredible focusing speed and accuracy throughout the focus range thanks to dual Nano USMs that activate independently (especially useful when following moving subjects). This design even helps balance the weight of the lens, reducing fatigue when held in the hand.
- Control ring for direct configuration changes
The RF100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM lens incorporates a control ring on the lens cylinder that can directly adjust numerous settings, including shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, and more. Located towards the front of the lens and effectively adds a third dial to the EOS R camera's main dial and quick control dial.
- Just add lightness
Weighing just under 6 pounds (5.8 pounds), the RF100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM lens is the lightest f/2.8 300mm zoom lens on the market. Certainly light enough to hold in your hand for short periods of time.**
- Focus preset button
The lens features a preset focus button near the back of the lens for easy access with a finger on your right hand during use. This allows you to pre-focus on the place where you expect action and immediately jump to the memorized position via the default focus button. Manual focus or full AF operation also remains available. There's a slide switch on the cylinder that allows you to program the AF preset, recall it, or you can slide the switch to "L-Fn" to use that button as a programmable function button instead.
- Function buttons
The front of the lens features preset function buttons so you can program a specific function to occur by pressing one of the buttons (there are four buttons around the lens, so there's always one within reach, they all perform the same preset function).
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh effect
The lRF 100-300mm F2.8 L IS USM Canon lens incorporates a control ring on the lens cylinder that can directly adjust numerous settings, including shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, and more. Located towards the front of the lens and effectively adds a third dial to the EOS R camera's main dial and quick control dial.